Newly re-imagined following a $640 million renovation, the MBCC features:
- 4 Exhibition Halls: 491,654 sq. ft. (45,676 meters squared) of configurable and contiguous space
- Grand Lobby: (on the west side of the building) 98,495 square feet (9,150 meters squared)
- 1 Grand Ballroom: 60,979 square feet (5,665 meters squared)
- Grand Ballroom Pre-Function Space: 17,950 square feet (1,668 meters squared)
- 4 Junior Ballrooms:
- Ocean Drive Room: 15,858 square feet (1,473 meters squared)
- Lincoln Road Room: 16,020 square feet (1,488 meters squared)
- Sunset Vista Room: 19,714 square feet (1,831 meters squared)
- Art Deco Room: 12,266 square feet (1,140 meters squared)
- Up to 84 Meeting Rooms (sizes vary depending on configuration)
- New total square footage of 1.4 million square feet, up from 1.2 million before the 2015 renovation (130,064 meters squared)
- 3.1 acres of public green space (11,357 meters squared) named Collins Canal Park to the north
- 5.8 acres of public green space named Pride Park to the west (23,472 meters squared)
- New Rum Room & Venu with approx. 5,500 sq. ft. of combined special event space.
- The enclosed North Loading Dock is 108,543 square feet and offers 19 dock spaces
- South Loading Dock is 31,020 square feet and 13 dock spaces
- Almost 800 rooftop parking spaces to replace spots in the preferred lot
- Multi-million dollar, newly-constructed 10,000 sq. ft. full-size production kitchen (exclusively managed by Centerplate), complete with a pastry shop, to produce restaurant quality meals for 1 to 10,000 guests
- $10.2 million dollars’ worth of art curated by the City of Miami Beach Art in Public Places program
- Approximately 1,610 miles of fiber optic cabling and 480 miles of copper wiring to support all IT communications and redundancy in data transfer. The diameter of the moon is 2,159 square feet; that’s enough wiring to slice the moon in half!
- State-of-the-art WiFi network to provide expanded and customized services in the Center's outdoor spaces.
- Free basic WiFi provided by Smart City Networks in all common areas and meeting rooms.
For more information about the MBCC's commitment to supporting sustainability and climate change actions, visit our Sustainability page.
To learn about our commitment to providing an accessible experience, visit our Accessibility page.
1958: Completed MB Convention Hall for $ 4 million
1964: Muhammed Ali wins first heavyweight championship in Hall C, defeating Sonny Liston
1968: Republican National Convention (RNC) takes place at the MBCC
1971: The first Auto Show launches at the MBCC
1972: The RNC and the Democratic National Convention (DNC) both take place at the MBCC. It was the
last time both party conventions took place in the same city
1974: $ 15.7 million expansion of the Center
1988 - 89: $ 54 million expansion of the Center
2002: The first annual Art Basel Miami Beach launches at the MBCC
2015: Groundbreaking of the latest MBCC renovation, a $ 640 million investment
2018: First citywide destination event following the renovation was AHIMA in September; the first consumer event was the 48th Annual Miami International Auto Show in October.
2020: Construction on MBCC's renovation and expansion completed.
For more news updates, please visit our News page.